Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yum!

I would like you to meet the tastiest summer sandwich in the world!

My Mom was always talking about how much she loved this certain kind of sandwich but, I was never interested. I mean, tomatoes and mayonnaise? Yuck! But, then after we came up with using butter on cucumber sandwiches in place of the mayo the idea transferred over to these.

All they are is bread, a thin schmear of butter, salt, pepper, basil and tomato. But, is that all a girl can do? Nope! I can't ever leave well enough alone, so first I seeded the tomatoes, to get rid of all those slimy bits. Then I added very thinly sliced Swiss cheese. Then lightly toasting the bread; which was now sourdough or rosemary olive oil, was added and finally the regular basil was changed to lime basil. Can you say perfect sandwich?

So, to recap, lightly toasted rosemary bread, schmear a little butter on both slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper, add thinly sliced Swiss cheese, seeded tomatoes and lime basil, then enjoy!!

(Edited later to changed transformed into transferred and marvel again that the spell check did not have the word schmear in it's dictionary, I mean hello? Doesn't everybody use that word?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!