Sunday, August 15, 2010

Home Again!

The cars unpacked, the duffles too, the dirt is almost gone,
The sweeping up of all the sand seems to go on and on.
Our sunburned faces and and bug bitten limbs, are happy to be clean,
The sun and sand while lots of fun, to our epidermis can be mean!

From Family camp we've just come home, bug bitten tired and sore,
But as we drove away we cried, please just a little while more!
The week was full of many things, like friends and food and fun,
It was so much fun in fact, I wish it wasn't done!

I would like to thank everyone who came up and made, 
This family camp the thing it was, God's love was on display.
Old friendships deepened and new ones made, that is where it's at,
This week would not have been the same, if we had been missing that!

I will sleep in my own bed tonight, not afraid of bugs or mice,
I think maybe I'll hear bags pipes play, say, won't that be awful nice?
It's time to go, my rhymes are done, my bed is calling me,
I can't wait until next year, I love my FBC Family!* 

*Yes, I know that last line has to many syllables, but in this case content was way more important then a perfect rhyme scheme! =)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I wouldn't say NO bugs in your room- I think I might have let a few go on accident. Sorry. Those little BUGGERS are jumpy..... Just Kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- Im glad you had fun. Pumpkin and I had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont' worry, I would much rather have crickets in my bedroom then stepping on them oi the bathroom! They kept escaping when she kept them in the bathroom, I was NOT happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!