Friday, October 29, 2010

Bewitched, chiffon, missing pieces and my date with Will??

Believe it or not, this is the only picture I could find of Isabelle's b-e-a-utiful skirt and..... 

Wait! What skirt? Who's Isabelle? And further more, why should we care?.....

Okay, okay enough questions, I'll tell you if you'd just let me get a word in edge wise!.....

I guess.....

Ehem.....as I was saying. I have always loved Isabelle's outfit for her date with Jack.....

Who's Jack?.....

*Sigh* Are you quite finished?.....

Oh, yes, so sorry. Please by all means continue! I will be as silent as the grave.....

Thank you now where was I.....

You were.....

*Glare*.....

Oops, sorry!.....

Okay, enough silliness, back to the post! I love the movie Bewitched and I have to admit I'm a huge Will Ferral fan when he's being sweet and not crude. So, I guess that's pretty much Elf and this movie!

Isabelle wears a chiffon pettiskirt and an embroidered blue sweater and I looove it. In fact I want her entire wardrobe! It was this movie that inspired me to cut my hair shorter, though mine turned out a tad bit, how shall I say it.....pooffier then hers? ;-)


But, none of the crinolines I found looked as flowy/poofy. They were all made of tulle and looked far to stiff. Then I saw this one on Etsy and had a renewed interest in recreating the outfit. But, even though this one was my size, I don't think I could wear something that was vintage and costs that much!
You can buy the skirt below HERE on Etsy.


The skirt pictured above is made out chiffon. Ah ha! The missing piece to the puzzle. I was looking for the wrong thing! I googled chiffon pettiskirt and came up with THIS web site. Tons of colors, all the different sizes and they are about half the price of the vintage one. The draw back, where to wear it? I guess if I do get one and Will Ferral comes knockin' at my door I'll know exactly what to wear!!

Find this skirt at Petti Skirt Style

3 comments:

  1. wow, look who's got more followers on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Grin* I know, it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! I LOVE THAT SKIRT!!!!
    Hi!
    Visit my blog if you like, we have a giveaway going on this week!
    XOXO
    www.ohmyvogue-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!