Saturday, September 5, 2009

Doing the Dirty Work

This morning I went over to a friends house and helped them with some yard clean up and pulled up some old carpet staples. She kept apologizing about the amount of weeds, about the work just about all of the things that we were doing. She didn't quite believe that I was having a good time!

Weird as it is, I've always enjoyed that type of thing. Some of my fondest memories as a child are of tearing up sod, leveling patios, digging countless holes; for trees and bushes etc, painting rooms, ripping up carpet, all of those kinds of things. At the end of the day I was tired, sweaty and usually very, very dirty. Those days are looked back upon with much fondness.=)

There is something so gratifying in doing the dirty work, afterwards you stand up and stretch then look back at the yard, room, hole, whatever you've just done and just have to sigh in intense satisfaction. At least I do!

One of the things I am looking forward to in my future is being able to do all of these things in my own home! I have never wanted to buy a new house, give me an old fixer upper, the more work needing to be done the better. I do feel a bit of sympathy for my future husband, he has a hard row to hoe if I get my dream house! Though hopefully he will also enjoy that type of thing, it will be fun to learn along with him how to dry wall, fix plumbing, lay different kinds of floors and all of those kinds of things!

But, for now I have to be satisfied in helping others making their dreams come true. Which come to think of it, makes me feel pretty happy too!=)

2 comments:

  1. So, hopefully, your home you buy will look something like this.
    http://www.marykayandrews.com/blog/uploaded_images/dilapidated-house-776170.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe not quite that run down. Also it needs to have a some land; or at least a tiny yard, not just asphalt.=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!