Wednesday, September 9, 2009

La-Dee-Da!

Isn't funny how after weeks of feeling down all of the sudden you feel better? All of your problems are still there, in fact some new ones have cropped up, but you just feel like you have a glow inside? As anybody who had read my blog in the last; hmmmm, lets say month or so, could tell I was going through a hard time.

My sister getting married is a biggie on the stress scale. My little green eyed friend had taken up permanent residence on both of my shoulders and was constantly whispering in my ear. I found out other things; some involving this sister who is getting married that totally threw me for a loop. As of Sunday I was still feeling like everyone one was out to get me and that I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. I was in some kind of funk! Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms! I came home from a collage group, watched Penelope(great movie by the way, a definite must see! I love the costuming, very excellent!) then went to bed.

Monday, I woke up at 5:30am like usual(I don't really like getting up quite that early, but exercising is good for you. Blehk!) I realized as I was getting ready for the day that the usual heavy funk hadn't settled and I was humming(rather badly, but what's a girl gonna do? Sometimes you just gotta hum) Wedding problems happened but I didn't feel the stress like I had been. I just dealt with them and my poor very stressed Mom, no hurt feelings or depressing thoughts on my side! The things that had previously been so mountainess(that doesn't appear to be a real word!) now took on their true mole hill appearance.

The days have been blustery, and very fall like. I love fall, the sky is so blue, the wind is scented with promises and it's just some kind of wonderful; don't you know?=) I don't know what changed maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the fact that I read a wonderful book, the movie I watched the night before, the fact that a very annoying person has left Bend for a year(hehe)

But, I have a feeling that God just placed His peace in my heart because I finally accepted what He had been trying to give me. It was there the whole time for the taking I just had to get tired of my own complaining and want to change. One of my favorite quotes of all time is from Ol' Honest Abe himself; Most people are as happy as they make their minds up to be. Tru Dat, Ol' Honest Abe!

So, for now I am making my mind up to keep this glow, I'm going to try my very hardest to not lose this peace. I hate it when I'm down, but it's so hard once you've sat yourself down to sulk to haul your sorry butt back up. Good bye for now dear readers, there is a wild-beautiful-wonderful-exciting and most of all God breathed world out there that He has given us to enjoy and I'm going to go and do just that!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!