Friday, December 2, 2011

~Day Two~






Welcome to Day Two!

My outfit I did like a lot,
My Mother on the other hand,
Like it she did NOT!

But when I explained to Mother dear,
That she should not worry,
Should not fear!

Fore before the Christmas Party this night,
Glam it up a bit I shall,
I would make this outfit shone so bright!

When my Mom first saw my outfit she wasn't sure whether er or not she liked it, but then again she knew that I had fixed this dress to wear to our Women's Christmas Party tonight and it is a bit casual to wear to that! But when I told her I was going to make a few changes for tonight she was much happier! She said it look kitschy and Suessical (she knew I would take those as a compliment, she wasn't being mean, I promise!), exactly what I was going for, yeah! =)

I'll show you what I did to glam this outfit up a bit in tomorrow's post!
Dress: Made by me (Lisette 2246 View C) Shirt: Kohl's, Necklace: Dress Barn. Earrings: Fred Myer

Closer view of the necklace and earrings, it also shows the colors of everything more true to life!
The earrings tinkle splendidly, and I love hearing them  every time I move my head! But, I did learn they are not the best earrings to wear to church, as in a quite room, the tinkle carries really well..... *blush*


Tradi----------------tion, da da da da da da da.......

My family has lots of traditions and I am a big fan of all of them! The same facet of my personality that makes it so I can read/watch my favorite books and movies over and over also lets me enjoy doing things like going to the Nutcracker for the 10th year in a row, or going to the Christmas parade, which is pretty much the same every year! 

A big favorite of mine is after we get home from Christmas Eve service (which I LOVE), we open our Christmas Eve presents, almost always pajamas! Then we all climb into our new pajamas and we read the Christmas story from Luke, then we read The Night Before Christmas and my Mom passes out sugar plums! The little kiddos get tucked into bed and then us older folks watch a Christmas movie. A perfect Christmas Eve! =)
They are super tasty, and they come with a little pamphlet on the history of the Sugar Plum. =)


For those of you who wanted to know how I tied my scarf, I learned how to from this AMAZING video! It's called The Magic Trick and is at minute 2:35!
2:35


2 comments:

  1. hahaha... I LOVE the dress.. However I'm not found of the *elf* look... ;) But no really, the dress looks great! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well don't you look Christmasy! :D I was about to say "where did you find that dress!", and then I saw you made it..ah! love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!