Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day Four~Call Me Cordilia

If you'd like to follow along with the rest of the crew, click on the yellow skirt to your left!

Today's challenge? Dress in cloths inspired by your favorite era.

Should be easy enough, right? The 50's is by far my favorite, but alas and alack when I got to my closet I found that while my summer wardrobe is bursting with 50's inspired clothing, my fall/winter one is lacking the 50's influence completely!

So, while making pans to remedy that as soon as possible, I went with my second favorite era, the Edwardian era! My love if this era is mostly inspired by, of course, Anne of Green Gables!

The walking skirt was made from Folk Wears pattern. I would highly recommend it if you are planning on making a waking skirt of your own!
 Cardigan: Target, Cami: JcPenny, Walking Skirt: Made by Me


Wow, erm...I didn't realize quite how beat up these boots were until I saw this picture, maybe it's time for another coat of marker and clear nail polish on that worn spot on the toe.....what, you don't use nail polish and markers to fix your shoes? Hey, I'm telling you, it really works! You can't even tell in person, I promise!
Boots: Wal-Mart, Cameo Necklace: The Hens Tooth (a local gift shop)

4 comments:

  1. Aw, excellent! I was going to do Edwardian/L.M. Montgomery influence today for the Fall Challenge, too, but I couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Thanks for pointing out the Folkwear Pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, KatySue! :) I like your boots, necklace, and cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love your boots! And your skirt, too!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!