Friday, July 9, 2010

The Beginning.....

I could tell you that I'm the tall, slender; wait, willowy, yes willowy is a much better word. Where was I, oh yes.....

I could tell you heat I'm the tall, willowy blond with big violet eyes and a tinkling laugh who is standing at the front desk making her way through the world by the power of her good looks and charm. Or, I could be the girl sitting in the background. Sewing machine in front of her, silent for now as she stares out at the world from behind the racks of wedding dresses. You can't see the frizzy brown hair, the apple cheeks, the shy down cast eyes and her innate awkwardness in all social situations.

How would you know, right? Your not here, it would be easy to convince you that I'm something I'm not. But, that would make this story much less interesting and we would lose the whole point. Since you have bothered to pick up this book and are still reading at this point, you're going to get the truth.

I am not the tall, willowy, blond. Shocker, right? I mean, with an opening like that, did you really expect me to be? That beautiful girl at the front desk is my older sister, Samantha. But, you can call her Sammie, giggle, smile! Sorry about that, I'm just tyring to keep true to character here.

That leaves the round faced girl hiding in the back. Yep, that's me! If you could see me, you would see me waving, but since you can't (as previously established!),  you'll just have to trust me that I'm waving right now! My name is Grace, but do not call me Gracie or I will be forced to, um, glare at you and write mean things about you on my blog!

My sister and I both worked at our Aunt Rosie's wedding store, Happily Ever After. Sounds fun, right? It is, for the most part. Sammie worked the front desk and helps the brides pick out dresses and I am the "assistant". Which means I do whatever I'm told and I help Aunt Rosie alter the dresses. That's what I'm doing right now, or should be doing right now. Instead I've got my laptop out; his name is Harold by the way, and am writing down the events that have taken place.

Like how Sammie is now married to the love of her life (and mine, but we will get to that later!) is pregnant and living the perfect all American life. What about you Grace, you might be asking. Well, I fell in love, had my heart broken, planned a wedding and had my secret double life exposed and boy did that case some ruckus! But, I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's go back to were it all started,  Starbucks! What, you were expecting somewhere different?

Once upon a time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!