Monday, October 12, 2009

The Joys of Having More Money

I recently got a new job, one that is actually less work and more pay. The benefits are numerous one of them being the pay raise. But I've found out something interesting, the more money I make the more money I have to spend! Gas, cell phone bill, taxes, car insurance, rent etc etc etc. While none of theses things are very much in and of them selves, when you add them up............ you know the drill!

It's very much like the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" books. So, I have written my own version of this classic story:

If You Give A Girl A Job

When a girl reaches a certain age she will start to desire some of the finer things in life and will have to find a way to procure them. So, unless she has very wealthy and generous parents she will have to go out and find a job. But............

If you give a girl a job she will have to get her drivers licence to drive there. Of coarse she needs to have the car to do the driving in and gas to make the car go. Then she will also have to get car insurance to go along with it.


If you get the girl the car insurance she will have to have a cell phone to call in case the car breaks down. If you give a girl a cell phone she will soon find out how handy said cell phone is and need a bigger plan with more minutes and texting privileges to go with it.

If you give the girl a job she will soon be making more money so she will need to save even more for taxes. If she is saving for taxes she might as well save some out for a savings account as well.
And if she's doing that, she is responsible enough to start paying rent.

If she is responsible enough to start paying rent,
Hmmmmm..............
Well, actually that's as far as I've gotten!

So, the moral of the story is, when you grow up and get a job remember the more money you make the more money you have to spend! =)

2 comments:

  1. True, true, there's lots more stuff to do, and I have found when you actually make more money, you WANT to spend it more. (And other jobs that don't make as much (such as Min. Wage jobs) you find pointless because you could make more at the other job with less work and more days off.
    But, here's the thing (Yes, I know I sound like Monk)- If you give a mouse a cookie book is revolving so to make yours a perfect syllogism you need to make it so that the girl that gets a job, looks for another job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there, I said I wasn't done with the story yet. I'm kind of hoping my next job will be a more permanent forever kind of undertaking!=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!