Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blessings and counting and sheep oh my!

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!

This song was floating around in my head today as I drove with the windows down, singing along to one of my favorite Cd's, feeling the cool breeze lift my hair and brush against my neck. All the while the sun shines in a sky so blue it can only be fall. I just dropped the kids I nanny off with their Mom for Doctors appointments.

I've opened the doors and windows and have the casting Crowns station on Pandora playing as I'm typing(or hen pecking! But hey, I hen peck pretty darn fast don't you know!) A little while ago I blogged about being happy. I've done pretty good at keeping that inner glow. But this weekend it got a little cloudy, not only did my sister get married and leave me forever. But right now another chapter in a continuing saga opened up. This saga is wholly new territory for me emotion wise and it has not been fun!

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself Sunday evening and as I lay there in my bed not being able to go to sleep, the song that starts off this post came to mind. Okay God I will but it won't be many.................I fall asleep a little while later still counting.

Isn't God good? He has given us this absolutely beautiful world to live and it's at it's peek of perfection right now during this lovely fall season. Life is still hard but when you stop and really look at the world that God has given you to live in and enjoy you can't help but rejoice and be happy! All my problems are still there and the saga continues but you know what? It doesn't seem so bad now in the beautiful light of this lovely fall day. When the despair comes at night I just need to follow the instructions in another song:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings!

Go ahead, next time your worried and can't sleep count your blessing and get ready to become overwhelemed with the wonder, beauty, and grace of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!