Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fashion Week! Days 1 and 2

Natasha over at A Modest Fashion Blog is having a fashion week, which really started yesterday! I had been seeing the banners forever about it staring on the 1st, but my brain never connected that that would mean we started on a Saturday and not Sunday! I got a picture of my outfit, but never did manage to post it, so days one and two will be combined!

~Day One~

This is what I wore the first day of Two Thousand Eleven (if you are one of those Twenty-Eleven folks, please refrain from talking abut the year in my presence, thank you!)

I am rather proud of the sweater. I love teal (as you will see this week!) and was very sad when all of my sweaters from JC Penny shrank and became to short! All of the shirts I bought from JC Penny last year shrank horribly, so far this winter the one sweater I bought on trial is holding up fine, but we shall see!

Any who, this sweater used to be a plain v-neck and after it shrunk I buried it in my bottom drawer. But after seeing Grosgrain's embellish your knits month I pulled out all of my old sweaters to see what I could come up with! I just followed her instructions for finishing the edges, I added a clasp and called it a brand new sweater! I am very happy with it, you will see the two other ones I've done later this week!
 Normal sweater turned cardigan- JC Penny $15
Polo- Jc Penny $6?
Skirt- Made by me 2 winters ago
Shoes- Wal-Mart Cowboy boots

~Day Two~

I promise I am not about to cry, it just looks like it! I took these pictures right after I was done drying my hair. Which involves 10-15 minutes of hanging my head upside down, so my face gets a little red! The things I will do for good hair!
Sweater- ShopKo $16?
Tank- JC Penny $3
Skirt- Made by me
Boots-Neutralizer $140
Pearls- Graduation Gift

7 comments:

  1. Please be sure to post you link in both day 1 and day 2, so you will get credit (raffle ticket really) for both outfits. You can enter day 1 by going to the enter ffw here page at the bottom of my header. Thank you! And your outfits are superb and oh so feminine!
    Natasha
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie Sue!! I love your name! I am Peggy Sue! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Did you not LOVE Grosgain's Embellish Knits month? I was floored! So creative. You did great on your sweater. I love teal too. I love your 2nd preppy look and curly hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits - both of them! Love the argyle sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfits my dear! Its so cool how you converted the sweater into a cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, both of your outfits are so cute! :)

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love LOVE that sweater-turned-cardigan!!!! So that's what you meant. :) Perfect! Now I need to shrink one of my sweaters...or just buy one that's already too small. :)
    That outfit has the LOVELIEST!!! color combo, with the brights contrasted against the neutral. I like the skirt especially!

    And number two...the skirt is so cute! Love the length and the ruffle. And the sweater...argyle is forever. ;)

    Happy twenty-eleven...oops. :D Had to do it... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!