Thursday, December 31, 2009

Meanderings of my Mind

On this the last day of 2009 my mind meanders back though the year and finds things to dwell on. Right now if you climbed inside my head you would experience many a wonderful thing and some not so wonderful things but it all made for quite a year!

You would smell the beach and old spice, chocolate and 5 gallons of pumpkin soup, candles burning and flowers, books new and old. The smell of sunblock and apple cider are mingled and create a whole new landscape.

You would see a white dress and little flickers of light, faces with tears upon the cheeks young and old some happy some sad. You would see the stars and waves crashing on the the sand. You would see the clouds in the sky evidence of Gods handiwork for all to see.

You would taste many a different kinds of tea shared with good friends, new foods like sushi and octopus(Yuck!) Cotton candy enjoyed in the summer sun and hot coco in the gray days of winter.

You would hear many many songs all mixed up together yet somehow ending up in one harmonious whole. You would hear a slow voice speak of the forever kind of love and final good byes as lives are forever changed. The peaceful silence of the night after it snows and the wind as it howls.

You would feel the sand beneath your feet as the waves play tag with your feet. The burning sun beats down upon you shoulders as you explore Gods beautiful creation. The deflated feeling after a long held dream is suddenly dashed and the realization that life can and will go on. Shared pain between friends as well as shared joys.

What will 2010 hold? As this question falls from many lips and they search for answers the only real answer that I can see is this. Wait and see! One of my favorite verses for times like this is.

Hebrews 13:5b-6 Be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “ The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

I leave you with that dear reader and I hope this next year holds many a beautiful day for you. See you topside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!