Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Let the little children......

"Put that down!!
"Don't touch her!"
"Stop throwing the toys around!"
"Don't make me come in there!"
"Don't eat that, the dogs been chewing on it!"
"Stop kicking him with your sisters leg!"
"Christian, stop chasing... what are you... Hey! Stop chewing on Abi's neck!!!!"

Kids, you've gotta love them. Some of the things I've had to yell across a park or church amaze me! Kids are a huge part of my life and always will be if I have anything to say about it! When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher, but then God showed me a different path. One where I get to be a teacher, nurse, cook, laundress, chauffeur(because I love driving!hehe) and countless other things. I not only get to fulfill my childhood dream of being a teacher, but also get to do so many other amazing things.

Matthew 18:2-4 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

We are called to have faith like a child. What exactly does that mean? I think it means we must have complete trust that God is always there and He will always take care of us. Like a little hurt child they have complete faith in you. That you can and will make the hurt go away. When a child is hurt and they come to you for comfort, that felling is like none other. You pick up that little child knowing that they trust you to make it all better and the thing is you can in their eyes! What a mind blowing thing to contemplate, that you can make somebodies hurt go away with a hug and a few kind words. Adults just don't work that way.

We should have that kind of trust in God. I may think that I am perfectly ordinary but to that little kid I am Katy! giver of cookies, saver of stuffed animals, the person who knows the answer to every question, healer of hurt knees and someone they go to when the world is cruel. We are Gods children. To us he's not just god, He's GOD! healer of hurts, giver of every good thing, the one who has all the answers, saver of our souls and someone to run to when the world is cruel!

We can run to Him with all of our troubles and problems, when we are hurt and need comfort. We can also run to Him with the good things in life. He will mourn when we mourn, but lets not forget He will rejoice with us as well! Have faith like a child, trust in your heavenly Father. He is always with you!

This picture is from the book Grandfather Twilight. Get it if you can, it's a beautiful story. I love this book and have always pictured God looking like this! I've been told it's not at all accurate, but you know what? I'm going to hang on to my image of God for awhile yet anyway, who knows.......=)

1 comment:

  1. Katy! I Love it... Like I told you before you are a great writer.. I wish I could write as well as you! Ohhhh maybe I should have you write about me and Shawn? For my blog! LoL.. Anyway think about it, I may pay you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!