Thursday, June 25, 2009

WI-FI

I actually looked up the answer to one of my own questions! Shocking I know=) Here it is(because I'm sure your all filled with a burning desire to know, all one or two of you!)

From Wi-Fi Alliance publications: The Wi-Fi Alliance is a global, non-profit industry association of more than 300 member companies devoted to promoting the growth of wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs). With the aim of enhancing the user experience for wireless portable, mobile, and home entertainment devices, the Wi-Fi Alliance’s testing and certification programs help ensure the interoperability of WLAN products based on the IEEE 802.11 specification. Since the introduction of the Wi-Fi Alliance’s certification program in March 2000, more than 4,000 products have been designated as Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, encouraging the expanded use of Wi-Fi products and services across the consumer and enterprise markets.

In wireless computer networking, Wi-Fi refers to a family of related specifications (the IEEE 802.11 group) which specify methods and techniques of wireless local area network operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!