Saturday, March 17, 2012

Why Do I?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Many a person has asked what my fascination with Ireland came from and I can never rightly say! 

Was it the Ireland coffee table book filled with amazing pictures I got from a Pastors wife?

Was it the fact that I love faeries and legends and what place is more steeped with those things then Ireland??

Or maybe that they are deeply religious (Catholic and proud of it!) and still see the magic all around them?

The castles?

The cottages?

I most often tell people it was reading the book Scarlet, the sequel to Gone With the Wind. She spends about half the book in Ireland and while I was already fascinated by Ireland this book really jump started the obsession!

Whatever the reason I am wholeheartedly obsessed with the Emerald Isle and will hopefully one day get to experience this magical, fascinating land for myself!

Some of my favorite books on Ireland.....

This is my FAVORITE Irish author I would highly recommend all of her books! (and there are quite a few!)


Favorite Irish movies.....





3 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! It's such a beautiful landscape with a fascinating history; what's not to like? ;)

    Please post some photos from your trip when you visit the Emerald Isles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, I agree! Want to go there so muchly much. I adore PS. I Love You. One of my fav's. I will have to check out A Shine Of Rainbows now though, have not seen it but heard about it.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!