Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Concerning Christmas! (And various other topics)

Twas the day before Christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.....

The table all set up for our second annual Christmas Eve Gingerbread house decorating extravaganza! (Yes Tim, they are the "fake" houses! They stay up and we don't eat them anyway, so I figure it's a win-win!)

My house, note the side porch and the giant hot tub, complete with humongous grasshopper!

My little brothers house, he's not that into the rhyme and reason decorating yet!

 A snowman one of my little sisters made!

~My Haul!~

My wonderful parents got me a Ktchen Aid mixer, in red! I can't use it right now, but am super excited any way!=)

More brooches for my brooch bouquet, I love the daisies though my favorite is the red and orange rose!

I saw this Macaroni and Cheese faerie while we were picking out our Christmas ornaments and fell in love! Isn't she adorable? Faeries and mac and cheese, two of my favorite things together in one adorable little package!

Cranford has a sequel? How did I not know this? Well, I know now and I own them both!

Some stocking stuffers, the game is super fun! The things in the middle are book plates, the package has 15, I need about 20 more packs and I'll be good!

 More stocking goodies, nail polish from AVON. I love it!

This is Rave, I painted my nails on Christmas and haven't done any touch ups! I do dishes, nanny, pick apart Lego blocks and so far it's held up almost perfectly! This is today, almost 5 days later. I'm lucky if my Wal-Mart brands hold up for two days! Plus, it's cheaper then most of the kinds I've bought in town, score!

~Favorite Outfit~

This is my new favorite outfit, stripes, teal, brown corduroy, heaven! Plus it goes with my much loved Autumn Kiss necklace! 

~I won!~

I won a give away from Nostalgems, through their facebook page. Go and check them out, I love almost everything on their website!! It's a grab bag of findings and settings, it may look like a pile of junk, but I'm excited to see what I can make out of it! 

~The List~

1: Penelope coat? FINISHED!!! Photos later on this week! But here's a little sneak peek for you!

2: Closet reorganized? Yep, all done! That was the first to get checked off!

3: Book printed out? Nope, but I did hear back from the editor of last years (aka a friend who offered to look it over for me!) and he said it sparkled! I am a little giddy!
By the way,  has anyone ever heard of Tate publishing?

4: Do some mending? No again, but there were some last minute issues with the coat and that took up my sewing time for the week!

5: Christmas gotten ready for? Check! It's both gotten ready for and been thoroughly enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Your brother and I are alot a like in our Gingerbread Housing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goyyygeous nail polish!!!! Aren't the glittery shades just divine??? I like them both! And they actually hold up!!!! Yikes. Your list of test activities fit the bill. This is good nail polish. :D

    Say...do they have any mixers in red-violet? I'm totally jealous...my hopechest mixer is ancient and ugly. But it's not too late to replace it! lol Yet.

    I got some better pics of the gown for you! :) And of the yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!