Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Tree!

We always used to get a perfect tree from a tree lot, then we went started going out into the forest and cutting down our own and then last year we had what I fondly called the Vegas Tree!(There are a few pics of it and an explanation behind our rather unorthodox tree choice!)

I have to say, having experienced three different types of tree, the forest ones are my favorite. They show the ornaments off so much better and just feel old fashioned and quirky!

My family at the tree lot, minus one, she's hiding behind someone else and you can just see her fingers reaching to do bunny ears!

Yes, it's a horribly out of focus picture, but I had the flash off because with the flash on, you couldn't see the lights. I really need to get a better camera.....

I love the look of cranberries and popcorn on the tree, hate the mess of using real popcorn and cranberries. Solution? Fake popcorn and cranberries! My parents bought them from a little country store before they had any of us kids and they've lasted 25 years so far!

I thought the shadow was cool!

We bought these years ago at Costco, so you know we got A LOT of them in the box. We hung them all along the curtain rod near the tree. I love glass icicles! =)

Another cool shadow picture.....

My awesome Christmas manicure, I know you're all jealous
.....
What? Yes of course I'm 24, what makes you think I'm not?
.....
You say 24 year olds don't paint their nails different colors?
.......
Just wait until the 4th of July!

6 comments:

  1. *sigh* Did you have to post that picture with me in it? Could you have at least croped me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! I'm wearing BRIGHT red nail polish..which is a very great fashion risk for me! lol How queer...but do remember...once you get too serious, it's hard to lighten up! Keep a little whimsy! :D

    Did you hear that another ball is slated to happen? Feb 26th! I'll email you with further info. And did I ever send you pics of my ballgown for the last one? If not, I'll do that pronto!!!! :)

    I can't decide whether to make another, or be prudent and wear the same one twice. The people will be different...whaddya think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely need to send me pics of your dress!

    Is the theme the same? I need to start planning a dress now!

    If you loved the first dress I would stick with it. No need to fix it, if it ain't broke! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am sure picking out a tree was fun! We have a artifical tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I just saw that you are now a follower of my blog and that you are from BEND, OR. I just had to leave you a comment. I am from Corvallis, OR! Small blogging world!

    www.iattemptfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! It look like you had a lovely one! Those icicles remind me of "Pollyanna"-- the prisms she hung up all over that room? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!