Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vanille by Molinard



I have been looking for my signature scent for years now,.....yes I am one of those people, take from it what you will!

I was stubbornly chasing after rose scents, but they always faded after a few hours or made me smell like an old lady. Plus, they almost always had musk in them, even a hint of musk and my body chemistry turns it into cat pee scent, not good!

I gave up the florals in despair and went to Bath and Body works looking for inspiration. I ended up getting the Warm Vanilla Sugar and fell in love, unfortunately, that too only lasted a few hours. So, I tried the scent in a Wal~Mart brand and it smelled like tires on me. I almost gave up again when I found Aveeno Positively Nourishing in the vanilla chamomile scent. It smelled just like the cotton candy blizzard from Dairy Queen(does anyone else loooove those?), I had to buy it
 
This made me once again long for a vanilla perfume. I googled it and found Vanille by Molinard. Affordable and it was just plain vanilla, no other back notes, or top notes, or finishing notes(can you tell I've spent some time researching the world of perfume?) After weeks of deliberating I finally bite the bullet and bought it, and let me tell you, I have finally found my signature scent.

It smells like creme brulee, all toasty and warm vanilla sweetness, with a hint of caramel. So, not only does it smell really good(like people following me around sniffing me good) but it's affordable and it lasts all day.

What is your signature scent?

And just becuse I love the smell of Old Spice and think of this commercail whenever perfumes or colognes are brought up!

3 comments:

  1. my scent when I am hot or working hard is SWEAT! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome how they do those Old Spice commercail! It is still hard to believe sometimes that it is a continues shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE VANILLA!!!!!

    Hands down, hands up, and any other position...I LOVE VANILLA.

    :)

    Do you know yet about Wednesday the 29th? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!