Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I have loved the rain

Get up right now and go outside, yes I'm talking to you! Go outside, close your eyes and take a deep breath. I'll wait..............................

Do you have that smell in your mind? Isn't that one of the most magical scents? I love the smell of rain, when the storm is building, when it's raining and after it's over. Nothing makes the plants look greener and who doesn't love a puddle?=) The gray days are a little tiring sometimes, but it's almost as if time has stopped. It's hard to tell the season and the light is the same most of the day, it's fun to imagine that time is standing still. But, maybe that's just me!

I love taking walks in the rain. The whispered hush of the rain as it falls and the feeling of tiny cool finger tips touching your face. The merry music it makes as it plinks and plonks down upon the world. The fairies come out to play in the rain, the rain drops make perfect fairy looking glasses. If you are walking in the woods in the rain stop, close your eyes and listen. You can hear their laughter as they dance between the drops.

Into every life some rain must fall, but I will share with you a secret. If you learn to love the rain you will have a smile upon your face and a song within your heart when everybody else is looking glum. Joy during lifes hard times can only come from one place the Creater of this rainy and wonderful world! Numbers 6: 24-25 The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”

When the light is within you, the joy will never leave you. No matter what the weather=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!