Monday, April 27, 2009

Sham-WOW

I would like to confess something, I love infomercials. It's a good thing I don't have more money or I would have it all! The combination, hair clipper-dog toe nail trimmer-it cuts through anything and it even makes julien fries things. I will believe most anything you tell me, I believe it even more if it comes from the TV or books. Why? I have no idea! I have always been very trusting, or as my loving family calls it gullible. When that girl in third grade told me she would be my best friend if I gave her my juice box, I gladly surrendered the juice and was crushed when the next day she pretended not to know me.

I still have not learned my lesson and freely believe in most of what people tell me and I get hurt(or at the very least lose money and look foolish!). I've always put the people over me like my parents and pastors and other such people on pedestals. So, when they do something like say a bad word, or do something that I don't agree with, I'm shocked. How could they have done that! I am crushed like when I found out that Santa Clause wasn't real. It's not their fault that I put them on that pedestal, they are only human and it's not like I'm perfect! Yet, it still stings when they fall off. I used to shove them right back up there, but me and God are working on that! I should trust in what people say of coarse, but I shouldn't be so disappointed when they show that they are not perfect.

With this mentality it was never hard for me to trust in God, it is very easy for me to put my faith and trust in Him. But, when things don't turn out good, or bad things happen to good people, I'm that little kid who just found out about Santa Claus all over again. What is God thinking, this could never turn out good, my life will never be as good as it was. Then something will happen and God lets me get a peek at His plan and reminds me once again that He knows what's best and to trust in Him. As it says in Jeremiah 29:11a For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD.
This is one of my favorite verses for those times when I feel life has gotten out of hand. Hebrews 13:5b-6 Be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say:“ The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
I can put God up on my pedestal! He is the one person who will always be there, never let me down and I can implicitly trust in Him and never feel like that little disappointed kid again. I've just got to remember this when times are tough, now there's the hard part!

1 comment:

  1. spell check for you- the last remember is remeber. I caught you this time. I like the blog post though, nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!