Monday, August 6, 2012

What's Cookin'?


I'd made these very simple muffins before, changing up the recipe (of course, us Pillsbury's can never make a recipe with changing at least a few things! So, if you are prone to doubling spices in recipes like I am, be warned, in the recipe below they are already doubled!) and they were a big hit!

Then I saw a picture on Pinterest (where else?) of what looked like these muffins with Nutella in the middle.....seriously.....um.....yeah.....how could I not try them? I used the recipe I already had and just added the Nutella to the middle.

These already stellar muffins, are now out of this world (ha, two astronomy type words, did you catch that? I'm a star today (Look at me, I did it again!!)

Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnut Muffins with Nutella

Ingredients

For the muffins:

1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
1 vanilla beans seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a separate, large bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg, milk, and both kinds of vanilla.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir only to combine.

Coat your muffin pan well with nonstick cooking spray (or line with cupcake papers, easier to clean up after) and divide the batter evenly among the cups. Plop a rounded teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each muffin. It will sink as it bakes, so end up in the middle of the baked muffin.

Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes. Brush tops of hot muffins with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!