Saturday, August 11, 2012

Showin' Off Some Steampunk Lovelies

I'm not sure I've ever talked about my love of steampunk on the blog, so, in case you didn't guess from the title.....I LOVE steampunk! I find it fascinating and would love to find a group of like minded people I could geek out with!

If you've never come across the term before and are scratching your head wondering what I'm nattering on about, simply put, it's a style of dress, literature, decorating etc etc etc, combining the Victorian age with steam powered technology.

This is a great, kid friendly, example of the steampunk genre!

A book series, there are more, but these are the four main books!

A few TV series that have a definite steampunk style to them.....

Check out this HOUSE for an amazing example of incorporating steam-punk style into everyday life!

And last but not least, my favorite part (surprise, surprise) is the clothes!


This is definitely something I'm going to do one day, you send them a pair of your old boots and then steampunk-ify them for you!


Modified Nerf gun!


A few my my steampunk inspired pieces, I'm always on the look out for more! =)

Now it's your turn.....love it or hate it? =)

6 comments:

  1. Is that a little TARDIS on your necklace?? Too cute!
    I'm a huge steampunk fan...I love the Victorian style, and the gears, and the bronze. It can be so eclectic and whimsical...and amazing.(:

    That book series looks really good too...I may have to check it out!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH!!! LOVE the skirt and the boots... SO very cute.. ;) As for the ear-cuff.... hahaha of course I can't say anything since I'm considering..ummm.. more like if I can get up the nerve, going to get my ears pirced again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like steampunk and I think its so cool, and I think the clothing is beautiful but I cant say I've ever tried it on myself. I prefer to wear things with as little effort as possible so i think ill just stick to looking at the pretty people walk by :) LOVE TREASURE PLANET THOUGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Steampunk, I suppose all it takes is one look at my blog to figure this out. 8-D I'm writing and publishing a Steampunk series.
    I am so glad to find someone else who likes it as well. I don't know many people. Also I LOVE all your finds. I now want a Steampunk house. That would be SUCH fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't worry. I'm definitely in the Steampunk camp. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a massive steampunk fan, but that hot air balloon necklace is actually TOTALLY awesome and unique and I am actually in love with it lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!