Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


GlitterFly.com - Customize and Share your images
Hehe, fantastically cheesy, right? I love it! =)

New years has has always been such a sparkly holiday to me. The party clothes, the drinks, the bubbly happy feeling you get staying up until midnight playing games, eating rich tasty food, the feeling of new beginnings and nostalgia (okay let it be duly noted I spelled nostalgia right the first try, booya!) 

Even though I have yet to go to a sequined covered, confetti throwing party, it's definitely on my bucket list.....as is kissing someone at midnight, cheesy and over done as that idea is, it's still something that makes me sigh with jealousy every time I see it in movies!  

These two are so adorable together and this song is fantastic. One of my favorite holiday songs and this is definitely my favorite version!

I will be ringing in the new year in classic Pillsbury clan style by eating Chinese take out (obviously, we are trying a new place, crossing my fingers that its good!) and playing games until midnight, when we will let the neighbors know just what they are getting into with us as neighbors by banging pots and pans and yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR at the top of our lungs! 

Shirt: Kohls, Skirt: made by me

Had to honor this sparkly holiday with sequins somewhere in the outfit!
Scarf: Santa, Earrings: Dress Barn

More on new years and resolutions and such in the next couple days, as I stick my toe into the world of vlogging! =)

8 comments:

  1. havnt visited here in awhile, happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there sweet lady! You are just too cute for words and I hope you had a beyond all reason amazing New Years Eve! And is it bad that I wish ever day were new years so I had a real reason to wear excessive amounts of sequins and glitter?! Xo Lori

    http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years to you! How was the Chinese food? (Were Sherlock not dead I bet Watson and he would have the same. *Grin*)

    No, sadly, I've yet to see the movie of Howl's Moving Castle. Everyone who has loves it and I'm very eager to see it. As soon as I have enough money to rent a movie I plan to rent it - and hopefully I shall be able to find it.

    Vlogging sounds fun!! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, hello! I nominated you for the Liebster award {Sorry if you've been nominated before or if this isn't your thing}!
    http://starthinker-silverbarter.blogspot.ca/2013/01/i-got-nominated.html
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There aren't many movies which are as good as the books they were based after, but some are worth sitting through at least, as you said. *Grin*

    I might have to look into The Wheel of Time books. Usually I shy away from fat books for many reasons, but if they are good I will read them. (And I trust your recommendations 8-D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to haunt my younger sister's reading list. And some of my cousins, before they stopped reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is up! http://missjacklewisbaillot.blogspot.com/2013/01/oi-dont-get-clever-in-latin.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. who are the singers???? love her voice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!