Thursday, December 6, 2012

Awkward and Awesome

~AWKWARD~

~You know what warm winters mean besides, no snow, no sweaters and having to shave my legs all winter long, all awkward things in their own right, but the worst news? It means the bugs DON"T DIE, we get to have flies, mosquitoes, and spiders all year round!!!! =(

~Hmm, do I want to work at a truck stop or Lowes, what wonderful choices I have before me.....

~After growing up on the West coast in tourism hot spots, moving to a small, southern town has provided more culture shock then I was prepared for! 

~Found this, watched this, showed it to my siblings and now am still hearing this all day long, three days later! Just a warning, it gets stuck in your head and will not go away!

~AWESOME~

~We've got these little guys flying all around our house! I've always wanted to live in a place with them and now I do!

~Saving up enough money from my last job for my bills for 3 months, has helped keep the panic at bay while looking for a job here! I'm enjoying this time "off" way more and am having an easier time not worrying (okay, I'm still pretty worried, but not tearing my hair worrying!) 

~Break out the hot cocoa and blankets girlies, it's cheesy Christmas movie/book season!!!!!!!!!

~Since funds are tight, and visits to Buckhead are limited, this was a fantastically tasty find!!! 
Look for it at your local Starbucks, or buy it here!

~Kohls contacted me and gave me a special discount to pass along to you, my lovely readers. Just enter TENBLOG at check out and you'll get the discount!

~My sister Becca got a job at JcPenny! Besides it being awesome that she found a job so quickly, it also meant the cutest tiny bottle of OPI nail polish! They were giving out samples at the salon and she snagged the prettiest shade of pink for me!

What are some of your favorite Christmas books and movies?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I love these posts! I also grew up in the west in a very popular city, and am now at college in a tiny southern town. It's completely different, but I absolutely love it!
    Oh lets see...favorite Christmas books and movies. I love Eloise at Christmastime...lol! Also A Christmas Carol, Little Women, The Polar Express, White Christmas, and Holiday Inn! As far as books go, I love A Christmas Carol because my family has the tradition of reading throughout December though this year I will join in via Face-time:) Oops, sorry for the super long comment!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, these posts always make me smile. :)

    I LOVE Christmas everything.... so I'll just list the best of my favorites.

    Books: The Cradle of Bubbasu, The Gift of the Magi, The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. ..... They're all kids' books, but each and every one never fail to make me cry. :)

    Movies: It's A Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, One Special Night, One Magic Christmas.... Oh, and Silent Night.

    :) How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spiders are the reason I don't want to move. I like the cold, keeps them at bay.
    Year round spiders? No thanks!

    Yes, having too many books to read is a problem I don't mind either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, lampposts. Everyone should love lampposts.

    No, sadly, your post still hasn't come through. Maybe you could send it in a comment, and then I could delete the comment as soon as I have it? (I don't know why my email won't take yours. Not kind of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah!! Christmas time! Love it with the passion of a thousand burning suns! My favorite Christmas movies are: Muppet Christmas Carol, The Christmas Card (oooh, so good!), It's a Wonderful Life, Disney's Mickey's Christmas Carol, and silly as it may sound, I really love the Veggie Tales "Toy that Saved Christmas," I love how it tells the real Christmas story and for some reason, every time I see it I get choked up! I don't really have any favorite Christmas books...oh and congrats on winning the pendants at Day by Day! Jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!