Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

Okay, okay, I KNOW I'm like way late with this, I even half way planned and took the pictures for a, what to wear on the fourth, type post (After disparaging about having nothing to wear on the Fourth, it turns out I had at least 5 outfits I could put together, who knew?).....but obviously, I never got around to it! 

Between two MORE Pillsbury clan birthdays this week and driving around hither and yon for work.....not that I mind taking the kids places, at least they are contained and semi nice to each other in the car! Plus, it's been so nice this week, so who can really complain about getting to sit outside under a shady tree reading....ahem, I mean carefully keeping an eye on the kids.....two long, lovely afternoons this week?

And we THOUGHT we were going to move on August 5th, someone had put in an offer for our house and we accepted it, but thanks to some lazy *not very nice word* who never filed the plot line adjustments he made to our lot 26 YEARS AGO when he built our house, we get to spend thousands of dollars fixing his mistake and had to pull the house from the market and the offer fell through. We can't even have out house on the market until this has been fixed and we all know how fast the wheels of bureaucracy turn.....I kind of ran out of time and energy to blog this week! =P

Ahem, so that's how my week has gone, the Fourth was a perfectly lovely day of watching this.....
.....at the summer movie festival, it was really good! Next week is Hugo, I am soooo excited!!

.....Going to our libraries book sale.....

Hiking and wading at a local park (hence the wet pants in the outfit pictures!)

Then having some friends come over for a BBQ and fire works! 

(First two pictures stolen from the lovely Maura's FB page!)
Gotta love glow sticks!

Sadly all of my pictures of the big fire works turned out REALLY bad, I hadn't yet discovered the zoom feature on my iPod, yeah, I am sooo tech savvy it's scares me sometimes! ;-)

~What I Wore~

I never wore these pants much because they were capris and me being short, they hit at just the right spot to make my ankles look more like cankles, but I loved the subtle pin stripe. 

I finally realized I could just could just roll up the cuffs another 3 or 4 times and tack them up (I may or may  not have been doing this right before my shower on the Fourth.....) and voila, my awesome engineer pants are a much more flattering length and will be getting worn far more now!
Shirt: JcPenny, Shorts: Wal-Mart, Shoes: Old Navy 

Earrings: Made by me, Sparkly Flower Thing on Scarf: JoAnns, Scarf: Old Navy

There is a funny story about this scarf.....I impulse bought it for Becca who had been wanting to try an infinity scarf. I then coveted it from afar, finally could not stand it and asked if I could wear it for the Fourth, secretly wondering if I could just absorb it into my wardrobe, she never wore it and wouldn't miss it, right? Turns out she wanted to give it to me anyway, but since it was a gift felt awkward about it.....now we are both happy! =)


1 comment:

  1. I love that scarf- so glad everything worked out for both you and your friend! And those shorts are now so cute! Praying that your house problems are fixed and you can move ASAP! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!