Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rain Boot Make Over

A little known fact you may or may not already know about me.....
I LOVE rain boots! 

Patterned or plain.....


Short or tall.....

Rain boots are awesome, I love them all!
(See what I just did? I totally rhymed and not altogether on purpose.....score one on the awesomeness card for me ladies!)

But sad enough to say, I have a hard time finding a pair of rain boots that fit.....
 NOT a very flattering or comfy fit!

After two years if sitting in my closet taunting me with their loveliness, I got fed up (after a day of sloshing through 4 inches of frozen rain/snow in flats....not fun!) and decided to do something about the fit! After all, I wasn't wearing them anyway, so would it matter that much if I bombed in fixing them, right?

Enter in Mr. Pinking-Shears, Miss Hot-Glue-Gun, Lady Bias-Tape and Sir Buttons.....



....they all got together for a party and thirty minutes, plus a massive spider web of hot glue later (I love/hate that stuff) I have a pair of rain boots that are still cute AND fit my curvy calves! For those of you keeping score at home that brings the awesomeness tally up to a bazillion I believe!! ;-) 
But, guess what? All that rain and slush I fixed them for?? Gone the next day! WAAAAHHHHH!! =(


2 comments:

  1. <3 SUPER DUPER AWESOME CUTENESS <3
    <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE <3 You did a great job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME idea!! They look so cute!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!