Wednesday, May 22, 2013

She Bangs, She Bangs.....

Anyone else remember William Hung?

Ahh, the good ol' days before American Idol lost it's spark! But that's another subject for another post..... Anywhoodle, this guy pops into my head whenever bangs are mentioned!

Onto a much more pleasant form of bangs, what girl hasn't looked upon Zooeys quirky style and fantastic hair with out a twinges of jealously? I know I'm guilty!
 *le*sigh*
 

I'd see picture after picture of her hair on Pinterest and try to talk myself into cutting my bangs like hers, but would always chicken out for one reason or another!


But as summer approached and my bangs began to look like this....

.....more and more. I decided to take the plunge and see if hipster bangs wouldn't work better then my current light fringe.

Long story short, I found the video below, screwed up my courage, took the plunge and couldn't be happier with the results!

I can put my hair up without looking like a peeled onion.....
(Yes, that's all bangs and I did my point a little farther forward then the girl in the video, I just have a massive amount of hair! So if you try it for yourself, you most likely won't get bangs this thick!)

 .....and they blend much better into my hair when it down! =)

Next up on the hair department, my older sister is coming in early June and we are going to attempt to henna our hair! I'm crossing my fingers the color doesn't come out orange, unlike every other time I've tried dying my hair!

 Has anyone out there tried henna, have any thoughts or tips? ;-)

Have you tried anything new with your hair recently? I'd love to hear about it!

14 comments:

  1. So cute, KatySue! I like them on you a lot!! And I haven't actually heard of henna-ing your hair - I just thought henna was for tattoos! You'll have to let me know how it turns out!

    Nothing new or crazy lately, just growing my hair out again (after an almost-pixie cut a few years back). I did just go from cross bangs to side bangs again. Sorta miss the cross bangs, but I think, for me, the side bangs was a needed change again. It's fun to be able to go back and forth, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a bit scary, but I'm really happy I did it!

      Ahh, the pixie cut, all girls should try getting a pixie cut at one point in their lives! And then some of us need to try them more then once before we realize that our hair just isn't suited to a pixie cut! ;-)

      I love side bangs, but just can't talk my hair into doing them properly! =)

      Delete
  2. Love your bangs! :) I've never done henna, but I would love to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them to! =)
      I have plans to chronicle the henna experience and share it on the blog, it should happen some time in early June, so keep an eye out! =)

      Delete
  3. They look good! Own them, lady :) I have a giant lady crush on Zooey. Really. Have you listened to her band She & Him?

    The Nautical Owl Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Etsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love She and Him, especially theur Christmas album! One of my saddest moments is missing my chance to see them for free, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sister Dear... Hummm... Guess I better order that Henna.. Hahaha I hope I don't chicken out! ;) Cute bangs.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look good with those bangs. I'm too scared to try bangs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, if you don't like them, the awkward growing out stage shouldn't take to long! =)

      Delete
  7. KatySue your bangs are really cute. Also in regards to henna, I have done henna on my hair multiple times and its never turned out organe. But I did use a brown color to darken my hair. Just thought I would give my two bits about it. I hope your experience turns out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on using a dark redish color and the swatches on the website show it on dark hair and it done't look orange, so fingers are crossed that the color is pretty! =)

      Delete
  8. I wish my bangs did that, it is so cute! I like how they turned out, it looks really nice on you.
    You shoudl take pictures later to show us the dye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl that looks so cute on you. I want those bangs too!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!