Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Get Your Shine On.....

Work has simmered back down to 40 hours a week instead of the 50-75 hour weeks, with a few 32 hour shifts (yes, you read that right, I was at work with out going home for that long!) tossed in there just to make it more interesting and so I have now have the time (and honestly the inclination/brain function!) to blog again, yeah!

Shopping with the siblings for Moms b-day and Mothers Day!
 I got the new caramel ribbon crunch frap from Starbucks and let me tell you, that sucker is amazing! You can hardly taste the coffee at all for all you Strabucks lovers/coffee haters out there! ;-) 

My outfit for last Sunday featuring my new peacock skirt and my very first black shirt. Yep, you heard correctly, I've never owned a black shirt before as I was kind of prejudiced against the color as a whole.....but I've slowly been getting over it!
Shirt and Cami: JCPenny, Skirt: eBay, Shoes: Target

 My hair was in two french braids with the ends bunned in the back with one of those giant octopus clip things (I know, I know, the technical terms I use!) I pulled out some tendrils and got them damp so they would air dry curly and I apologize for the wonky bangs, the humidity is currently winning that battle.....*sigh*
 Earrings: Gift from my sista, Megan!

Arm party!
Bracelets and Watch: JCPenny and stolen from my little sisters.....

Today's outfit.....I know, I know, same day outfit on the blog, no applause necessary!!

No feet.....
Shirt and Cami: JCPenny, Skirt: Wal-Mart

.....here they are! No shoes, what a surprise!!!

 I was always torn between wearing a watch or a bracelet,  it seemed like to much to wear something on both wrists.....but then I saw a Fossil ad with a watch and bracelets on the same wrist and my world was changed!
Watch: Gift, Bracelets: ??????

I love the new color whisper line form Maybelline, Cherry on Top is the name of the color and it's exactly the summery pink I was looking for!
 Earrings: Shop-Ko, Necklace: Hobby Lobby

7 comments:

  1. Cute lady!! And I'm still trying to debate if the Caramel Ribbon Crunch even had coffee in it, because my super-sonic taste buds didn't even taste the barest hint of coffee! And I love the picture of you and your siblings - so precious!

    Oh and I finally got my blog button fixed! It was crazy, but the current blog button IS up and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was watching the girl making them and I never saw any coffee go in....curiouser and curiouser!

      Thanks for fixing the button, sorry it was such a bother!

      Delete
    2. "Curiouser and curiouser" - love that line! Makes me want to go watch a little bit of Johny Depp's Mad Hatter again!

      Delete
  2. You did very nicely by pairing a black top with otherwise colorful accessories. Black is kind of my "always works" color. It's very classy and can be dressed down also. For this being the first time, you were a pro! Great and fun post, KatySue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Black and I never gotten along, but through recent peace treaties and such we finally reached a truce! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha great job on the *black* I love it... It's a great color to pair bright and bold colors with! Plus it's uber slimming... Oh and I LOVE LOVELOVE your lip color! I may have to barrow it and see if I like it on me... ;) Oh Oh OH... And as for the ear rings.. Cute! I'm glad your getting wear our of them.. ;) Since cough...sputter... I know you have another pair of them...cough... Thanks for wearing mine though!!!! Oh yes one more thing... Why is the title called *Get your shine on?* Love and hugs... Miss you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost one of the originals in the move, so it was really nice having a back up pair!

      You can totally try the lip color, I didn't pick it for the name, but it was just meant to be I guess!

      It's a lyric form a song I have stuck in my head, I think it's called Get Your Shine On, by Florida Georgia Line?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!