Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Someday My Prince Will Come....Wait, or is He Already Here?

Happy Valentines Day!



Now, I know what your thinking, here comes yet another single girls valentines blog post insisting she's perfectly fine about being single and that God is her prince charming and if He happens to bless her with a husband then that will be fine too!

This is NOT on of those posts! 
(Well it kind of is.....but you'll see why I say this in a moment!)

I have always felt a little ooked out at being told by married, single, older then me, younger then me and pretty much every single article, book, blog post etc etc etc I've read on being content while single that God should fill the space in my heart that I have been selfishly holding back for my earthly prince.

I know that I should put God first in my life, I mean that's kind of a given. I know should strive to be content and spend time with Him everyday. I know that I should view Him as my all in all and my ultimate comforter and friend. I really do try to do that, but I still have an ache in my heart some days, a discontentment that won't quite go away!  I have felt called to be a wife and mother someday and I still believe God will bring a man into my life one day! (hopefully soon! *fingers crossed*)

Now, If I follow the advice I've read I need to put God in that spot and view God as my prince until my earthly one comes along...

Erm, am I the only one who doesn't feel quite comfortable viewing God as a husband replacement? I don't want to feel the same way about God as I do about my husband.....just sayin'! 

Seems to me if I truly used God as kind of a husband replacement until the real deal came along I would be forming unrealistic expectations of how my husband should love me, because being a human man he will disappoint me and not love me like God does! My relationships with God and my husband will two very different things. Yes, they will most definitely overlap, but I don't believe one will ever replace the other!

So, being told that I shouldn't be discontent because I already have my prince charming always annoyed rather then encouraged. I despaired of ever finding someone else who felt like I did. But, today I finally ran across an article that I LOVE and fully agree with. She echos my thoughts and feelings exactly!


CLICK HERE to read it for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the Literary Heroines Party, and I'm now a new follower!

    And I wanted to let you know that I agree. Loving God and loving Mr Right are two different things entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yesss. Can I tell you how many times I've heard those dreaded words. "Let God fill that place until you find Mr RIght, etc"–to that effect. Yes, I certainly agree, it becomes all too easy for people to dish out that pat advice. I've been single through all of my twenties, pretty much, and while I've put God first, it didn't automatically bring me my Prince. I'm still waiting. And struggling to be content. Because it is. A daily struggle. Don't let anyone tell you you're weird if you do struggle. We live in a sex saturated culture where everyone is with someone. Pretty much. Unless you're that proverbial single girl waiting for Mr Right. heehee. I believe though, it does afford us a unique opportunity that others who may have jumped right into marriage at an early age missed. We can mature in ways that will so benefit us when we do marry. And I believe God does want to spend as much time with us, with all of our undivided attention, as possible. But it is a sacrifice, none the less, and one that He sees us making. It does not go unnoticed. No girl's road is exactly the same. So we shouldn't compare where we are at, relationally to anyone else, either. We all have a different journey to undertake. So here's to staying strong, my friend and not giving up the hope. God will bring our Princes, in due course. He is wiser than us. So I have to trust his timing. He does know best, thankfully, and we are in good hands. So seek to find the treasure that He has for us in being single, at this time. That is my goal anyway. And thanks for being honest in this post...

    sorry if I got a bit carried away!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your comment Jeanine! It's always nice to know that there are others out there who are having the same struggles and feel the way that I do! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!