Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!!

 Happy May Day! My family started celebrating this holiday when I was 12. I had just read Louisa May Alcott's Jack and Jill and fell in love with the idea and talked my family into it. So, now every year on May Day, we make baskets the night before, fill them with flowers, hugs and kisses(the chocolate kind, of course!) and deliver them(for the most part) before the sun comes up.

 My fav baskets are old frappachino bottles with simple wire handles. They remind me of old fashioned milk bottles!


The all important caffeine boost for making all the handles. Me, being the one with experience with wire gets that job!

Click on the pic to see the handle more clearly, I couldn't get a clear picture and was to tired to try anymore!

 A close up, just because I love my macro feature!

The baskets after they have all been filled


Sneaky, sneaky.....

Run!

La, de, da de da!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I too love Macro. It makes the pictures look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!