Tuesday, July 2, 2013

On the Road Again!

Yesterday I drove down to Alabama to pick up my sister and adorable niece for the week. Her hubby has to work a lot this week, because of the holiday, one of the down sides of being a chef, you work more on the holidays not less! ;-)

I was a little nervous about the trip never having driven that far, and all by myself! The trip went perfectly smooth, even through downtown Birmingham at lunch time (there was some white knuckling and the incoherent babbling that appears when I'm nervous!) but Clark and I made it just under 4 and half hours!

Megan and Shawn s lovely little home, they have a pond in there back yard, can you say jealous much? And plush white carpet, I love soft carpet!

After Shawn got home from work they showed me around the neighborhood!



I feel in love with this little house that was only a few doors down from Megan's!

A private boat ramp that's only a few blocks away, between that and the fried pickles they have at their local Sonic they might be seeing me A LOT this summer..... ;-)



How is your summer going? 

Oh, and I'm so happy to see all of your little happy faces over in my followers section still, I was kind of worried about all of the hullballoo with google reader going away that I was going to wake up yesterday and find you all had disappeared in the night!

 I'm so thankful for each and everyone of you, be on the look out for a giveaway in the next few days to celebrate the fact you're all still here! =)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! The happy smiling faces are still here with us!! I'm really not sure what's changed, since I can't see any evidence of change anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty there! I love ponds and lakes, they are so much fun to walk around or just sit and look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!