Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo

The insanity of NaNoWriMo  (for the uninitiated among you, that stands for National Novel Writing Month!) has begun and after not getting started until 9:30pm on the first day and not really getting started before 6pm on any of the other days! I have now caught up and am about 400 words ahead of schedule. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do, but I wasn't really liking the idea. I'd even gone so far as to actually plot out what was going too happen and I never do that.


I was nervously anticipating plugging away through a plot I didn't like for a book I wasn't sure I wanted to write. Then at a bible study I have on Sunday nights this opening paragraph popped into my head.


I just did what any first time caterer who had foolishly made the promise that she didn’t have to be paid until she had finished the job would do; what fool made that promise, oh wait that’s right…..me!  I propped the body back up and slowly backed out of the walk in refrigerator. Shutting the door firmly behind me, I set the food down on the counter and took a generous swig from the cooking sherry bottle.  A few more hours wouldn’t make that much difference of a difference to him, right?
What are you talking about? I was to paying excellent attention to the bible study.....
I once again have no plot, which might be a problem considering the nature of the mystery genre, but when have I ever let a silly thing like no plot get in my way? 
All of that to say, like many of my blogging peeps I may not be around a whole lot this month. I've got a mystery to solve! To monitor my progress click on the NaNoWriMo graphic above my picture at the top of the page. Because I know you'll all haunt it, eagerly anticipating my word count tallies for each day!


I managed to resist the swag last year, but this year I could no longer stand it and ordered something. What can I say? (Besides, please ignore the rather scary looking male model in the picture, but that almost goes with saying!!) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!