Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cha, cha, changes..........

Hmm, hey, yep I'm still alive, wasn't arrested or kidnapped and the aliens didn't manage to pick me up this time, but there is always next time.....

Anywhoodle.....

You may have noticed that there have been some posts removed. The reason being after spending more time with Miles in his home and seeing how he and his very nice and supportive group of friends and family lived, I realized that there were some basic, but never-the-less important, lifestyle differences and a few ways we see the world differently that would have made a long term healthy relationship impossible. So, I called off the wedding, and ultimately the relationship.

There is nothing wrong with him or his family and friends, there is nothing wrong with me and my family. We should have spent more time around each other in our own environments before getting engaged as it would have led to these conclusions without the sticky awkward, painful mess of canceling a wedding a week before it was supposed to happen.....

A few things I have learned through this experience are long distance relationships are hard, and are going to take longer then your traditional dating relationship, so be patient and make spending real time together with each others family and friends a priority! Online dating is a good tool, but just know, it will most likely lead to a long distance, drawn out courtship process!

If you and your loved ones are constantly fighting about your relationship and you normally don't fight long term about things, you might want to take a good long hard look at what is causing the arguments.

Doubts are normal, but burying them and not talking about them with anyone is not. If you have doubts about something, find someone to talk too besides the person directly involved in the doubts. A pastor, friend, a parent or sibling, just someone who is removed form the drama enough to be a more neutral third party.

Keep God always at the forefront, in all areas of your life. Sadly, I put mine and Miles relationship ahead of my relationship with God and that was my biggest mistake, a good healthy relationship should be leading you closer to God, not distracting you from Him.

 Did I make mistakes, YES! Do I think calling the wedding off was one of them? No! My only regret in calling off the wedding is hurting Miles, he is a good man and I know God has wonderful pans for him.

I have learned a lot this past 7 months or so, and know God is using this experience to grow and make me more like Him. I feel peace and joy returning to my life and am excited to see what God has next for me!

As always, prayers, comments and questions are always welcome! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!