Sunday, December 1, 2013

Never Been.....

Never been kissed.....

Never been flirted with.....

Never been danced with.....

Never been held hands with.....

Never been singled out of a crowd.....

Never been the cause of any sleepless night or absentminded days.....

Never been told through a simple smile that I am the only one for them.....

Every day the refrain in my head is getting louder.....

Never been.....never have.....never will

Never been pretty enough....

Never been skinny enough.....

Never been outgoing enough.....

Never been hard working enough.....

Never been funny enough.....

Never been smart enough.....

Never been good enough.....

Never been right.....

There is something wrong with me.....

Never been.....never have.....never will

Then my soul smacks me upside the head and suddenly I remember I've.....

Never been alone.....

Never been forsaken.....

Never been forgotten.....

Never been un-held.....

Never been unloved.....

Never been truly hopeless.....

Never been failed by Him whom my soul loves.....

And suddenly, never been, doesn't seem so scary anymore, because I know deep down in my heart, even if my head isn't quite on board all the time that I have a Savior in heaven and even if my dream of an earthly
love never comes true.....

He held out his arms for me.....

He cried for me.....

He gave up everything for me.....

He died for me.....

He will always love me no matter what.....

 Really, can a girl ask for a better a love then that? 

But yet, never been.....never had.....never will.....

Yes, I have my bad discontent days, where it seems like everybody around me is in a relationship and I should just give up hope, put a bag over my fat ugly face and become the crazy book hoarding spinster of my pity party daydreams!

But you know what? 

I think for today, I will shove those spinster demons back in the box, take the bag off my head and smile at the world, because I've got some good news to share.....

We have a God who loved us so much that even with our all our faults and screw ups, He sent His Son to save us!

I'll take it one day at a time, one step at a time on the hard days, I will push back my fears and remember the good news I have to share and live my life for the glory of God!

Here are some verses I've found comforting on those woe is me, what am I doing with my life, nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go at worms, type days!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For he Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you,
and give you peace

1 Corinthians 10:31 
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or what ever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Ecclesiastes 9:10a
What ever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; 

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father though Him.


I'd love to hear everybody's thoughts and opinions, prayers and advice are always welcome as well! =)

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes not being noticed or flirted with is not a bad thing. Sometimes those aren't the kinds of men you wan to be noticed by anywyas. And just because your not a certain shape or size does not mean youre not pretty. I've been reading your blog for awhile and every tume it makes me smile and cheers me up, and that kind of personality is better than the kind that draws in men. So keep being the wonderful person He created you to be and you never know, you might meet the someone special He has for you soon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this post. It just summed up how I feel, and that's a lovely experience. Do you mind if I pin it?

    *cyber hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well dear niece, you are pretty, every pic you post on your blog shows that! And you are funny, I find myself chuckling over many of your posts. And having followed your work life here on your blog (along with your sewing and cooking) I don't think you have to worry about being hardworking. And obviously you're smart enough to figure out that you're not alone, who are we to say what plan He has for us? And always remember this dear girl, it is so much better to not be in a relationship than to be in the wrong one. Don't you dare beat yourself up - you are a wonderful, amazing person. Love, Aunt Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!