Thursday, March 14, 2013

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

~AWKWARD~
~Yep, every few days I wear this lovely hat all for the sake of my hair.....for the uncurly girls among you, it's called plonking. Basically, it's a way to wrap your curly hair up in a towel without disturbing the curl pattern, cutting the drying time in half!

~I've had the hiccups on and off for the past 4 hours and they only seem to be getting louder!

~The man I saw at a gas station this morning wearing black and white stripped pants and an orange jacket with the words "Maury County Prison" written on the back.....um, so.....out for a joy ride are we?

~Driving over a freshly killed skunk at 6:15am during a driving rain storm and thinking something is horribly wrong with your car, then as your eyes begin to water you realize what that smell is and pray the horror stories that say, you might as well sell your car because that stank ain't never coming out, aren't true!

 The inside of the car reeks and your wipe clean only jacket (hey, who can afford real leather? It's pleather for this girl until she wins the lottery!) makes your Mom gag when she gets close to it.....
Thankfully after some research and liberally applied coffee grounds and baking soda, the car no longer smells like skunk and neither does my jacket!

~AWESOME~
~Thanks to the a fore pictured awkward head gear (and a few other steps of course) my hair ends up like this! I would be happy to share my hair care routine if anyone is interested!

~Guess who will soon be the proud owner of a Tardis blue PT Cruiser?!?! Now, comes the hard part, finding the perfect name!

~Sweet tea (AKA ambrosia of the gods) and a bagged lunch at a womens retreat where the healthiest part of the meal were the pickles in the Chik-Fil-A sandwich! I know, I know, but it's fun to eat like once in a while!

~Amen!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, gral! You've got some lovely curls! And what? Tardis Blue PT? Wowzers!! :) I hope the skunk smell wasn't in that vehicle! Oh man...and that guy's outfit?? Totally hilarious!! Hugs, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man at the gas station with that outfit!? Yeah, that sounds awkward for sure, KatySue. :)

    Love the flip-flop quote. Sounds good to me. :)

    Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, love your hair!

    Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your curly hair routine!! my hair is just so straight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty hair! I like curly hair, even if mine is as flat as...a bone?

    You should see the drivers in my town. The moment a skunk dies on the road they go out of their way to avoid it, glad the smell came out!

    Pleather! Sorry, it reminds me of Lassie's new car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of plonking, but i'm intrigued, because my hair is terribly straight.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks beautiful! I wish I had curly hair - mine is pencil straight! And I would have high tailed it out of that gas station if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you, so drop me a message. Don't forget to check back in, as I may have responded to your fantastic comments! Keep it clean and friendly please!